TMW reserve the right to request evidence of deposit on all applications. The following proofs are required to evidence deposit:
- One month's current bank or building society statement (dated within last three months) or passbook held in the applicant's name.
- A statement of the current value of ISA held in the applicant's name.
If the deposit funds have been in the account for less than one month, further evidence will be requested.
- Non-UK EEA (European Economic Area) country source - three months' current bank/building society bank statement/passbook
- Non-EEA country source - six months' current bank/building society bank statement/passbook
Where funds have been in the account for less than three or six months respectively, we require proof of their origination and evidence of funds transferred to applicant's UK bank account. The source of any lump sum credit may be queried or proof of the build up of funds requested.
If property is already sold or remortgaged (including Further Advances)
- A copy of the completion statement from the solicitor who acted on the sale or remortgage of the property, confirming property address, borrowers, sale amount and sale date.
- UK bank or building society statement showing transfer of funds from sale or remortgage of property.
If property to be sold or remortgaged (including Further Advances)
- Address of the property being sold or remortgaged.
- Confirmation from solicitor that the deposit is being sourced from that property.
If the property is held jointly with someone not party to the application, a gift letter is also required.
- Confirmation from solicitor of the amount that is inherited and when this is/was released.
- UK bank or building society statement evidencing transfer of funds.
- A signed Confirmation of Gifted Deposit form from the donor (must be dated within the last three months). This is required for all applications where any of the deposit is a gift.
- Source of donor's funds - one month's bank statement showing available funds and evidence of any funds transferred into donor's bank account.
Maximum of two gifts per application. Two gifts may involve more than two donors where the gift comes from a joint source, e.g. One gift from mother and father and one gift from grandfather and grandmother. Gifted deposits aren't accepted if the donor resides outside of the UK and/or the funds originate from outside the UK.
- Most recent Share statement or Share Portfolio statement.
We'll request a letter from the Limited Company’s Accountant confirming how the funds are being released and that the Limited Company and all share holders will have no interest in the security property.
Please ensure you provide an email address for the Accountant so we can contact them.
Builder incentives/cashback are accepted subject to the following criteria:
- Must be a purchase from one of approved list of builders.
- Any amount greater than 5% will be deducted to determine the net purchase price. TMW will lend against the lower of the net purchase price or value.
- If pension funds have been released, bank statement/passbook (dated within the last three months) should be provided
- If pension funds have not been released, latest pension statement (no more than twelve months old) showing sufficient funds to cover the deposit amount required should be provided.
Repayment of loans
Not accepted as a deposit source, including the following scenarios:Repayment of loan (customer and gifts)
- Repayment of a loan or monies (not a gift) which have been transferred from the applicant to a third party and back aren't an acceptable source of deposit.
- Deposits provided from the repayment of loans to the applicant’s company aren't an acceptable source of deposit.