Switching Your Clients Mortgage Online
If they are TMW customers, it's simple to switch your clients deal online.
If your clients are existing TMW clients and they are eligible to use our Online Mortgage Switcher service, you will be able to:
- Compare their current mortgage with our latest offers
- Shortlist the mortgages they are interested in and compare rates, features and monthly payments
- Switch online in a matter of minutes
What you will need to log in
To access the online mortgage switcher service, log on to TMW Online as normal. On the welcome screen of TMW Online you will be able to select “I want to create or search for a product switch case”. You will then need to enter the following details to start the process.
- Your clients mortgage account number
- Their date of birth
- The sort code of the bank/building society account from which their mortgage Direct Debit is taken. If they do not pay by Direct Debit, then you can use their exact last payment amount.
What will happen?
Follow the steps below to find out how to switch your clients' mortgage using our Online Mortgage Switcher.
Firstly, please make sure your clients read the 'Things you need to consider before switching' before you log in to the Online Mortgage Switcher.
Via TMW Online, you can log in to the Online Mortgage Switcher if your clients meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Their TMW mortgage deal is ending in the next 6 weeks or they are currently on one of our base rates or they have a tracker product with a switch to fix option.
- They only have one part to their mortgage, e.g. they have not received a further advance.
- Their mortgage is not in arrears and has not been in arrears in the last 6 months.
- They do not have a further advance application in progress.
- Their account is not Consumer Credit Act regulated.
- Their loan to value (LTV) does not exceed 95%.
- They are not subject to a Bankruptcy Order or Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA).
Once you have logged in, you will be presented with all the mortgage products available to your clients, based on their individual circumstances.They will not be credit scored as part of their application.
Please note: They will not be able to borrow more or change their term/repayment method through the Online Mortgage Switcher or in conjunction with a product switch; please get them to contact us on 0845 45 45 800 Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm to discuss varying their terms.
When you sign in with their account details and they decide whether to add the product fee (if applicable) to their loan, the Online Mortgage Switcher application will show all the mortgage deals for which they are eligible. They will be able to select up to 4 mortgage products to compare:
- Monthly mortgage payments
- Mortgage features
- Any fee payable (if a fee applies, they can choose to pay this up front or add it to your loan)
Once they have selected the mortgage they want and chosen whether to add the product fee (if applicable) to their loan, you can create an offer which summarises all the important features of the mortgage chosen, including any fees and charges you have to pay.
The offer is valid for 3 weeks and will not be binding until your clients have accepted the offer and paid the product fee (if applicable).
So if your clients are not happy with the mortgage offer chosen, you have the option to go back and select another by choosing Select New Product.
If your clients need to think about the offer, by choosing to Accept Later, the offer will be saved, allowing your clients to consider their options before committing to the new deal. If they are ready to proceed, you can switch them to a new deal by selecting Accept Now.
If your clients are happy with the product and fee payment option (if applicable) they have chosen, and they are ready to Accept Now, the Online Mortgage Switcher application will tell them when their new product will begin and once they accept the offer, they will be asked to pay any product fee applicable (unless they have chosen to add it to the loan).
They will then receive confirmation that they have completed the online switch application process successfully. Their new product will begin on the date shown to you as part of the acceptance of the offer.
Once the mortgage switch has completed (on the date shown as part of the acceptance of the offer), your clients will receive a confirmation letter detailing their new mortgage product and monthly repayments.
What about Procuration Fees?
As they are existing clients, no procuration fees are paid on switcher applications.
Got some more questions?Click here to download FAQs on switching