Nationwide Group Responsible Lending Statement
Nationwide is committed to being a responsible lender who acts in the best interests of its customers. This means we have a responsibility to our customers to be open and honest, and to treat them fairly. These commitments underpin everything we do and the way we lend money is no exception.
Our Responsible Lending customer commitments are described below. These explain what you can expect from Nationwide when you apply for a mortgage with us or when you request a variation to an existing mortgage.
Please remember that our leaflet ‘How The Mortgage Works and Nationwide use your information’ explains how we use personal information. Please read this carefully. If you’ve got any questions please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
What you can expect from us as a responsible lender when applying for a mortgage:
In return, what we ask of you:
- Provide accurate and complete information on your application, particularly with reference to any information that may impact our assessment of affordability.
- Regularly assess your borrowing and other financial commitments and contact us as soon as possible if you are experiencing, or expect to experience, any financial difficulties.
- Read and understand the terms and conditions on which the money is borrowed, seeking further information and help if needed.
- Ensure you are comfortable with the level of borrowing requested (up to the maximum we will lend based on our own assessment).
- Ensure you have the means to repay the loan at the end of the agreed term if any borrowing is on an Interest Only basis.