Supporting you and your clients through the Coronavirus outbreak
Due to the government’s guidelines, Dedicated Broker Support phone lines aren't available until further notice. Use Broker Chat from 9am to 5pm for your pre-application queries.
Additionally, the Updates team are only dealing with completion queries and have reduced opening hours from 9am-12noon.
Procuration fees will be paid on time and as normal via your nominated Corporate Account.
Thank you for helping us during this challenging period.
Last updated 3 April 2020
We know that recent developments around Coronavirus (COVID-19) will be concerning for you and your clients.
We’re keeping a close eye on the situation and have put in place measures to support you and your clients during any personal disruption, ill health or financial difficulty arising from Coronavirus.
Our contact centres are experiencing a high volume of calls. You can help us by trying to find the answer to your question in the following ways:
- Check our A-Z criteria for our detailed lending criteria.
- Get an update on your case on TMW Online, see our Case tracking page or watch a video to see how to do this.
- Check our current service levels including information about valuations.
Are your clients concerned about mortgage payments?
Our Specialist Support team has dedicated services to help your clients through challenging times. We've introduced mortgage payment holidays for our customers who have been affected by Coronavirus, allowing a period of flexibility.
We understand that the current situation means some of your clients will need to extend their mortgage offer.
Where your client is one month from offer expiry and needs an extension, we'll allow a three month extension – subject to eligibility criteria and confirmation their circumstances have not materially changed.
We’re working to introduce an online form but in the interim please request any urgent offer extensions by emailing DBSOutbound@nationwide.co.uk and include the mortgage reference number, applicants name and confirmation that their personal and financial circumstances haven’t materially changed since application. You should only contact us if the original offer is within 30 days of expiry.
The current government guidelines mean valuers are unable to carry out physical mortgage valuations. As a result, we’re working urgently to carry out as many valuations as possible via automated valuation model (AVMs) and remote desktop valuations.
We’ll be performing desktop valuations where we can. If a further physical valuation is required, the case will be put on hold until this is possible.
Sometimes we’re unable to assess via desktop, for example on:
- Some blocks of flats
- New Build sites we’ve not previously visited
- Cases where a Homebuyer or Full Building Survey is requested
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
The above list is not exhaustive and any cases which can’t be valued through a desktop or AVM will be placed on hold until a time where government advice allows valuers to conduct physical valuations.
Where we’re unable to assess via desktop, we’ll be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Appeals – If you wish to challenge the valuation, the case will be placed on hold until we’re able to complete a physical inspection with full internal access.
Be aware that some criminals are using Coronavirus to trick people into sharing personal or financial information.
Watch out for:
- Cold calls from criminals pretending to be from The Mortgage Works or other respectable organisations.
- Emails that ask you to click on a link to log in, update information, or to access important news.
- Remember that The Mortgage Works will never ask you to move money to a safe account.
- Do not click on links within emails – go direct to the site using the web address you know to be correct.