Our Green Further Advance mortgage gives your client a lower initial interest rate than our standard Further Advance mortgages. To qualify, your client must spend 100% of their new advance on energy efficient home improvements.
Download our infographic to find out how to help your clients achieve a greener standard.
Features and benefits
- There is a lower initial interest rate compared to our standard further advance product range
- There are no product fees with these mortgages
- Your client can borrow from £2,500 up to £15,000
- Your client can borrow up to 75% Loan to Value.
Your client can use a Green Further Advance mortgage to fund improvements that could improve their property’s Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating. Find out more about EPCs.
View the rates available on our product finder.
Your client must spend 100% of their additional borrowing on acceptable energy efficient home improvements. We may carry out checks to ensure work has been completed.
This eligibility requirement is in addition to our standard further advance mortgage eligibility, you can view this on our further advance page.
Acceptable energy efficiency improvements
- Solar panels
- Traditional insulation
- Air or ground source heat pumps
- Cavity wall or loft insulation
- Investment in rain water harvestation
- Replacement windows
- Upgrading of existing utilities
- Pipes and boiler insulation
- Boiler upgrade
- Small scale wind turbines
- Electric car charging stations
If your client would like to borrow more for other purposes, please see our further advances page.
Apply for a Green Further Advance mortgage
Applications for green further advances are submitted to Full Mortgage Application through TMW Online.
There’s no DIP produced, as the decision is made once the application is received and assessed (including a new valuation and a credit search). Further advance offers are valid for six months from the date of the first offer.
If you wish to provide your client with a Mortgage Illustration, you can request one using our Manual Mortgage Illustration request form.
For more information on the fees your client may have to pay, view our Tariff of Charges.
If you need any support, talk to one of our experienced advisers on Broker Chat.
All Buy to Let mortgages are subject to underwriting and criteria.